You will ultimately have to make a decision on the type of shower doors you’re going to choose when it comes to updating your bathroom. Framed shower doors or frameless shower doors are what your choices are boiled down to. It is common for consumers to wonder which option is the best. Today, we at M & M Glass would like to break down the differences between framed and frameless shower doors to help you decide which one is right for you.
Frameless VS Framed Shower Doors
The thickness of the glass is the main difference between framed and frameless shower doors. They became popular when heavy glass became available about a decade ago. Being significantly thicker, heavy glass is 3/8” to 1/2” thick. They can stand alone without flexing and breaking because the shower doors are thicker, heavier, and more rigid. To support them and keep them from wiggling when being opened or closed that meant shower doors no longer needed a frame around them. A sleeker look, more glass, and less hardware is made possible with this thicker glass. These new doors and frameless shower doors soon became the new trend as designers and homeowners fell in love with the look. Make sure you don’t make one of these four master bathroom remodeling mistakes if in the event you are remodeling your bathroom.
Pros of Framed Glass Shower Doors
– Versatility – Better adapted of the different sizes and styles shower enclosures
– Functionality – To get the job done, they are sturdy enough
– Affordability – When compared to frameless glass doors, they are more affordable
Frameless Glass Shower Doors Advantages
– Style Varieties – As framed shower doors which usually swing open, it fits more configurations
– ROI – They also enhance the value of your home while more expensive
– Convenience – With no tracks or frames to gather gunk or clean around, they are easier to clean
– Appearance – Because of the transparency of the glass without the framework, frameless provides a more modern, upscale look than framed shower doors and also makes a bathroom seem larger.
Why are Frameless Glass Showers So Popular?
Budget and aesthetics are ultimately what your choice comes down to. You may want to consider framed glass shower doors if you are remodeling a smaller, less visited bathroom. To make sure your home is up to date and appeals to the next generation, you may want to splurge on the frameless glass shower doors, if it is your master bathroom. When it comes to resale this is especially important. Putting in framed shower doors does not help create a modern look if in the event the purpose is to update. If you want to update and impress, frameless is the way to go. Luxury showers are becoming more and more popular, in fact.
Glass Door & Window Repair, Installation & Replacement & More in Norwalk, Buena Park, Rossmoor, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Corona Norco, Ontario, Upland, Pomona, West Covina, El Monte, Brea, Chino, Fullerton, Anaheim, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Westminster, Yorba Linda & Greater Whittier, CA
When you need glass services in the Greater Whittier, CA area, call in the experienced professionals of M & M Glass. Our team of experts have the expertise to assist you with installation and repair needs.