They can be unsightly and even unhealthy when glass shower doors start to build up soap scum, hard water stains, and mildew. You can maintain an attractive, safe, and healthy bathroom since it is important to know the correct way to clean your glass shower doors. Today, we at M & M Glass would like to share a quick guide and provide you with some tips on how to clean a dirty glass shower and how to remove water stains.
What is the Best Cleaner to Use in a Shower
The particular issues you are having in your shower is something you want your cleaner to be able to address. While others battle soap scum and hard water stains, some showers are prone to mildew. Evaluate the situation in your shower and then choose a cleaner that can help you resolve these issues. There are more natural mixtures you can use with great results if you are nervous about using harsh chemicals in your home. Before attempting to use harsh chemicals, distilled white vinegar is a wonderful, all-natural cleaning agent you can try.
– In the microwave, heat up ½ cup of vinegar for 30 seconds.
– In a spray water, add the warm vinegar.
– Apply the solution onto the surface.
– Use a sponge and scrub it clean.
You may need to consider more traditional cleaning products if this natural option does not produce the results you want.
How Long Should I Let Bathroom Cleaner Sit?
You will need to apply some elbow grease to get a good thorough clean on your glass shower. Before you start scrubbing it is usually necessary to allow the spray cleaner to sit. To penetrate the area, the cleaner will need some time. Before you start scrubbing, the allows the cleaning agents to start breaking down grime and stains. Apply some pressure when scrubbing and be sure to use a soft bristled brush or sponge. You may need to repeat your cleaning efforts a few times before you get a solid clean if the soap scum or mildew has built up for some time.
Tips for Shower Stain Removal
In your shower, you may notice that you have specific problem areas. These areas might require some additional cleaning. Below tips for stain removal or other hard to clean areas.
1) Dish Detergent to Cut Grease: To create a powerful cleaning solution that powers through grime, this can be used along with vinegar. As most people find straight vinegar to be harsh, this can also help to create a more pleasant smell.
2) Lemon Juice: With a pleasant smell, lemon juice also produces a powerful clean. With warm water add natural lemon juice in a spray bottle and applied directly to most surfaces.
3) Ammonia: A strong cleaning agent that should be used with caution is ammonia. This cleaner is great for serious grime build up. When working with ammonia, be sure to use a face mask and gloves.
4) Dryer Sheets: A surprisingly powerful grime fighter that most people are not aware of, are dryer sheets. Gently rub through built-up soap scum after you dampen a dryer sheet.
Glass Door & Window Repair, Installation & Replacement & More in Norwalk, Buena Park, Rossmoor, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Corona Norco, Ontario, Upland, Pomona, West Covina, El Monte, Brea, Chino, Fullerton, Anaheim, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Westminster, Yorba Linda & Greater Whittier, CA
When it comes to replacing or installing a glass shower door, and/ or enclosure in Whittier, CA, contact M & M Glass and let us deliver quality to your home.