For a number of reasons, commercial glass installation can be important. New installation is generally more appropriate in a commercial setting, though a lot of problems with window glass can be repaired. You need to consider some of these basic problems that you should be on the lookout for to help you determine whether it is time to replace your business windows. With this in mind, we at M & M Glass would like to discuss signs your commercial window needs replacing.
Signs You Need New Commercial Windows
1) Glass is Permanently Fogged. Accumulating scratches on the surface or fogging between panes of double-paned glass is the common wear glass shows over time. It is probably a better idea to replace the windows completely, giving your business a fresh new look, though professional glass technicians can repair fogged glass by replacing the panes and insulating gas.
2) Windows Cannot Close or Open. Replacing your windows may be the most logical course of action when your windows no longer operate the way they were designed to work. As a building settles and mechanisms that make opening and closing the windows effortless can wear out or window frames can warp with age. Because older window mechanisms may no longer be supported by the manufacturer, making replacement parts hard to find, repairs may not even be an option for older windows.
3) Energy Costs are on the Rise. Some of the additional costs may be directly related to issues with your windows if you have noticed that your fuel and energy bills are rising. Rising energy costs are often the first sign that something is wrong, and an energy audit typically reveals that windows need to be repaired or replaced for business owners. In addition to reducing energy costs, deterring criminal entry, and may even improve employee morale by giving your staff a better, clearer view of the world outside, commercial glass installation makes your building look better.
4) Window Glass is Broken. Rattling noises can be produced, drafts can be allowed in, and create an unappealing exterior view of your business all because of broken or cracked windows. Also, your business is left vulnerable to unwanted entry since cracked and broken windows are easier to remove. There is no better time to upgrade than when repairs must be done anyway, though you could replace the broken panes. It is far more cost effective than making stopgap repairs that only delay what needs to be done with a commercial glass installation.
5) Window Frames are Damaged. When it comes to window frames, a lot of things can go wrong. Window frames will become damaged or naturally deteriorate and buildings settle with age. One of the most common reasons to replace commercial glass is to upgrade the location though replacing window frames is not done solely as a repair job. The perfect time to replace aging windows with newer styles, larger windows, or different window shapes gives the building a facelift.
Glass Door & Window Repair, Installation & Replacement & More in Norwalk, Buena Park, Rossmoor, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Corona Norco, Ontario, Upland, Pomona, West Covina, El Monte, Brea, Chino, Fullerton, Anaheim, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Westminster, Yorba Linda & Greater Whittier, CA
If you suspect your commercial windows are in need of replacing in Whittier, CA, call the professionals of M & M Glass and let us assist you!