Both homeowners and business owners can have the need for custom mirrors. Gyms, material art studios, dance studios, and salons are just a few businesses that need custom mirrors. Homeowners often like custom mirrors for their bathroom or a unique décor idea for their home. When you need a custom mirror or mirrors, you may be surprised to see the overwhelming options that you can choose from. M&M Glass would like to share some of the important concepts when designing a custom mirror.
Can You Get Custom Mirror Sizes, Shapes, Frames & More?
• Mirror Size – When you need a custom mirror, the first step is to determine what size mirror you will need. When determining the size of the mirror, there is more than just measuring out the space on the wall. The purpose of the mirrors can also determine the mirror’s size. Here is what you need to consider when determining the size of the mirrors.
• Mirror View – What view is the mirror supposed to provide? Do you need a full view of a person or just a portion of the body? For example, a salon may only need a half view while a gym might want to provide a full view. The view that the mirrors are supposed to provide will help determine the size and placement of the mirror.
• Space for Mirror – Another major consideration is the space you have for the mirrors. The wall space will need to be measured out, so the mirror can be cut to fit the space. Walls, height, and size and the area dedicated for the mirror are all unique, which is why custom mirrors are cut to fit the requested size.
• Mirror Design – When deciding what size mirror you need, don’t forget to consider the design of the area. For example, if you have a small space, a mirror that is too large may look odd or too small of a mirror on a large wall may also look off. Make sure to consider the design of the area and how the mirror may affect the design of the area.
• Mirror Shape – A custom mirror can be cut in a wide variety of shapes. Most mirrors are cut in a square or rectangle. However, the shape of the mirrors are not limited to only two shapes. Mirrors can be cut in ovals, circles or multi sided such as an octagon or hexagon. Before picking a mirror shape, again don’t forget about the mirror’s size, your design plan, and the space you have to work with.
Different Types of Custom Mirrors
Lastly, you will need to decide if you want a framed or frameless mirror. Framed mirrors can greatly enhance the décor or design of the area. On the other hand, you may not want a frame around your mirror. When picking a frameless mirror you will have a number of edge cut options or no edges at all. Often hair salons or gyms like frameless mirrors unless the mirror is used for décor. A framed mirror looks great and enhances the design and theme of the room or area.