There has been a focus on climate change in recent years that has left us all with something to think about. We need to think about how the choices we make can have an impact on the world we live in. That includes the glass that we choose to put in our homes. The more energy efficient the glass you put in your home; the less emissions will be coming from your home. It is important for builders to understand what an impact choosing energy efficient glass can have on our environment. M & M Glass is here to talk about why we should all make the shift to energy efficient glass.
Why are Energy Efficient Windows Important?
Choosing energy efficient glass for your home can have a big impact on the carbon emissions produced by your home. Here are some things that builders should keep in mind when choosing glass for the homes they build.
– Insulation: Ordinary glass doesn’t give the home they are installed in good insulation. Ordinary glass allows the air that has been cooled or heated by an HVAC system to simply escape the home and waste money. This leaves your HVAC system working overtime to keep your home comfortable. This can have an impact on the cost of heating and cooling your home.
– Natural Light: The more natural light you have in your home, the larger and airier it will feel. Having ample natural light in a home can have an impact on the mental health of everyone living there as well. When you have many windows in the home, you want to make sure they are energy efficient so you can enjoy natural light without paying more to heat and cool your home.
– Artificial Lighting: When you have a lot of natural light in your home, you don’t have to rely on as much artificial light in your home. This is yet another way you can lower your impact on the environment.
– Furniture Damage: When you don’t have energy efficient windows, your furniture is susceptible to UV damage because ordinary glass doesn’t filter out any of those harmful rays. With energy efficient glass, you don’t have to worry about your furniture fading or showing any other signs of UV damage.
– Noise Reduction: Energy efficient glass is built thicker and is higher quality glass. This can have a big impact on the amount of noise that you hear from the outside world in your home.
Glass Windows, Doors & More in Norwalk, Buena Park, Rossmoor, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Corona Norco, Ontario, Upland, Pomona, West Covina, El Monte, Brea, Chino, Fullerton, Anaheim, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Westminster, Yorba Linda & Greater Whittier, CA
If you are building a home, make sure your builder knows how important it is to have energy efficient windows in your new house. At M & M Glass, we can help you choose the right windows for your home so that you can enjoy all the benefits that come when you have chosen to go energy efficient. Call us today!