If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t think about your shower enclosure and door very often. When it comes to your home, making upgrades in your bathroom are going to give you a large return on your investment. The shower enclosure is one area that can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your bathroom. If yours seems to be operating just fine, you may not want to consider replacing it. However, when it is time, there will be several signs that point in that direction. M & M Glass is here to talk about some of the signs that you need to replace your shower enclosure and door.
How Long Should a Glass Shower Door Last?
When it’s time to replace your shower door with a new one, you will more than likely know it because of the following signs that will be present.
– Shower Door Damage: If you notice that there are any cracks in the glass, chipping glass or other flaws, it may be time to replace your shower door with a new one. While most shower doors are made of extremely durable materials, that doesn’t mean that they aren’t still susceptible to damage over time.
– Damaged Seal & Leaking: If you think about how often the shower door is opened and closed, it is no wonder that over the years, the seal may start to fail. When this happens, you can experience water leaking. You will be facing a shower door replacement at this point.
– Difficulty Opening & Closing Shower Door: If you can’t shut the door all the way or it sticks and is difficult to open and close, you will more than likely be facing door replacement. This means that the frame and tract might be damaged in some way.
– Shower Door Rusting: With the amount of water that comes in contact with your shower door and frame, it is no wonder that over the years rust starts to pop up here and there. When this happens, it’s time to replace the door.
– Mold on Shower Door: Mold can be a health risk and shouldn’t be left alone when you find it growing on your shower door, you need to look into replacing it.
Why Choose to Replace with a Frameless Shower Door?
Nothing will beat the clean lines that you get when you choose a frameless glass door and enclosure for your shower. They are easy to clean, and you don’t have to worry about corrosion or rust either. It can also leave your bathroom looking larger as well.
Glass Door & Window Repair, Installation & Replacement & More in Norwalk, Buena Park, Rossmoor, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Corona Norco, Ontario, Upland, Pomona, West Covina, El Monte, Brea, Chino, Fullerton, Anaheim, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Westminster, Yorba Linda & Greater Whittier, CA
If it’s time to replace your shower door with a new one, you can trust M & M Glass to help you choose the best shower door and enclosure for your space. We will make sure it is installed properly to leave you with a beautiful bathroom. Call us today!