Doorless showers have become a popular bathroom remodeling trend, and there are quite a few reasons why they appeal to so many homeowners. As an ideal option for bathrooms with limited floor space, the walk-in design of a doorless shower feels spacious. Unfortunately, doorless showers are not applicable for all bathrooms. To help you better decide of the doorless shower optimal for your bathroom, there are a few considerations. Today, we at M & M Glass would like to offer some advantages and disadvantages of a doorless shower for your bathroom remodel to help you make a more informed decision.
Pros of a Doorless Shower
1) Maximize the space of the bathroom. The bathroom is usually one of the smallest despite it being one of the most used rooms in the average home. Because they are very used, but still small, every inch of space counts. By taking up only 50% of the space a bathtub occupies, a doorless shower is a more efficient way of using bathroom space as well. Its walk-in design gives the illusion of a larger bathroom in addition to the efficiency of the space use.
2) Unified design bathroom. A seamless design that’s usually found in contemporary bathrooms is created with a walk-in design of a doorless shower. You can install glass and wood elements to create a relaxing bathroom environment in the event you prefer a spa-like feel in your bathroom.
3) Functional and mobility friendly. You may want to start by installing a doorless shower in your bathroom if you are looking to make your home more mobility friendly. Those with mobility challenges and seniors with limitations are not impeded since there are no entry barriers. Also, you can enhance the bathroom experience and make it safer with slip-resistant flooring or a shower bench.
4) Cleaning is simple. It is very common for mold to grow inside the hinges of shower doors and around the door. Cleaning your bathroom becomes a lot easier if you remove the shower door.
Cons of Doorless Showers
Doorless showers are not without their disadvantages despite the benefits they offer. The few disadvantages of a doorless shower is listed below.
1) Reduces privacy. You will have less privacy in your bathroom without a shower door.
2) Splashing water. To keep water from splashing onto the rest of the bathroom are shower doors. Fortunately, you can minimize water splashes with a smaller entryway and a smarter bathroom design.
3) Showers are colder. Making sure cold air does not enter the shower is another function of the shower door. Installing heated flooring is one way of counteracting the chill from drafts, and this can improve your overall bathroom experience.
Glass Door & Window Repair, Installation & Replacement & More in Norwalk, Buena Park, Rossmoor, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Corona Norco, Ontario, Upland, Pomona, West Covina, El Monte, Brea, Chino, Fullerton, Anaheim, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Westminster, Yorba Linda & Greater Whittier, CA
When you are ready for your next bathroom remodel in the Greater Los Angeles, California area, call in the professionals of M & M Glass. No matter how you want your shower design, our artisans are readily available to provide high-quality glass and window services.